Author Topic: WTB - Sunfire True Subwoofer MKII Enclosure and Amp  (Read 3452 times)

Offline mrfun71

• FNG !!!
WTB - Sunfire True Subwoofer MKII Enclosure and Amp
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »
Hello all... Looking for an enclosure and amp for a Sunfire Bob Carver True Subwoofer MKII.  Hoping someone here could help or know someone who might have some parts laying around.  Thanks!!
ADCOM 5802 Amp, ADCOM GFP-750 Pre-Amp, ADCOM GFT-555 II Tuner, Denon DCD-3520 CD, B&W Nautilus 804, Sunfire Bob Carver True Sub, Music Interface Technologies CVTerminator Twin MH-770 Cables

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
Re: WTB - Sunfire True Subwoofer MKII Enclosure and Amp
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

The True Sub is a great sub!
Got Carver?

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
Do you have a blown amp already?  We can fix it.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline mrfun71

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure the amp has problems.  The woofer doesn't sound right, sounds like it's blown.  I tried using a different amp and the woofer seems to be ok.  I tried another speaker with the MKII amp, it had the same cracky sound to it, so I believe the amp is not good.  This sub has encountered some moisture (don't ask), but i do believe it can be fixed.  It was just easier to look for an amp and enclosure.  I know there are people out there that have blown their drivers and can't get a replacement, then have bought other subs.  What kind of price are we talking to get the amp fixed??  I could always clean up this enclosure, or build one with the same dimensions.  Like I said, it was just easier to see if anybody just had something I could purchase.  Thanks!
ADCOM 5802 Amp, ADCOM GFP-750 Pre-Amp, ADCOM GFT-555 II Tuner, Denon DCD-3520 CD, B&W Nautilus 804, Sunfire Bob Carver True Sub, Music Interface Technologies CVTerminator Twin MH-770 Cables

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
Fix the amp! I got one that's doing the same. OCCD can fix it!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline mbskeam

• Double Secret Probation!
  • oh yeah baby
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:12:46 PM »
This sub has encountered some moisture (don't ask)

okay I wont ask why it got wet.... :D
but you could share, so nobody else does the same thing..... ;)
mbskeam

http://photobucket.com/albums/a96/mbskeam/

life is like flowers hanging from RaZer wire

Offline mrfun71

• FNG !!!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:28 PM »
It was nothing big.  We'll just say the setup was on the lower level of the house and many days of rain don't mix.  The sub was the only thing on the floor.  So now I've decided to get this plate amp fixed and I will take care of the enclosure myself.  OCCD, please get me some figures, and we'll get this thing rolling.  Missing my bass, hehe!