Author Topic: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway @ Byham Theater  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway @ Byham Theater
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:06 PM »
This is a must.

http://www.pgharts.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=29874

"The Musical Box, the only band in the world to acquire from Peter Gabriel and Genesis the performing rights and access to archives, audio tracks and original slideshow for The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, re-stages the original concert with painstaking details more than 35 years later!

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway was released by Genesis in 1974 and is based on a story by Peter Gabriel. The album and concert includes iconic titles such as “Fly on a Windshield,” “In the Cage,” and “Carpet Crawlers.” Often misunderstood, never filmed, and poorly documented, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway has become the most mythic work of Genesis."

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway @ Byham Theater
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »
I saw Genesis perform this on stage in 1974 at the old Syria Mosque.  The black and white film that accompanied the "Carpet Crawlers" song was amazing.  I can't remember too much about that show.  I was a little . . . . out of it 8)
Carl

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »
I was front row for Genesis in '07. It was life changing. Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, and Tony Banks know that I exist. :)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:58:07 PM »
Wow! I need to see this!!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.