Author Topic: Dwolla - End of Paypal?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Steve_Rynn

• FNG !!!
Dwolla - End of Paypal?
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »
Not sure if anyone has used before, but I just signed up and it seems like it would be perfect for a lot of people on here.

https://www.dwolla.com/

Article discussing Dwolla: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-11/tech/30381380_1_credit-card-interchange-fees-paypal

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
Re: Dwolla - End of Paypal?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:37:34 PM »
I did read about this a while ago.  Very interesting way to handle transactions and it is cheep to do also.
Got Carver?

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
It will be interesting to see the evolution.
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline treitz3

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »
Hmmmm, $.25 now for transactions over 10 bucks.......Yes, it will be interesting to see how this evolves. F PP.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 11:48:32 PM »
I'm not seeing this as a benefit to the consumer. It's designed to help the business owner by allowing them to get paid without having to lose part of that payment to the CC company or bank because, YOU, the consumer are paying the fee. If anyone thinks that the business owner is going to reduce the retail price as a result, you're dreaming!

As for PayPal, the seller/person/party receiving the payment gets stuck with the fees(usually), not the buyer. In this case the buyer would pay the fee instead. Ummmm.....no thanks!
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:16:07 AM »
I see where you are coming from F1, however, I personally do not base my prices in this shop, on the probability of a CC transaction. I am grateful for each and every sale. I may be a minority doing it this way. Look at Audiogon for example ,with the plus% if paying with PP or CC. I charge the same for any given piece of equipment that leaves the shop. If they pay with cash, even though it is  rare, great. However, Most of the equipment sold here, is haggled ,even though the price is right to begin with. I am just happy to still be in business in this shit economy.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline icravcarver

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Amen to you OCCD!  You operate like majority of the big guys.  I don't see Wally World or Best Buy adding a % to your bill if you decide to pay by CC.  Your money is good either way.  Their margins are such that the % they pay (which I imagine they negotiated a better rate because of their volume (if they were enough smart to do so)) is part of the price.  Yes, it does hurt a smaller business such as Tom's because he doesn't have the volume, but he knows that he can tolerate.  And a sale is a sale.

As far as some of the Audiogon/Ebayers go, I say, don't ask me to pay your fees, ask for a price that you can live with and pay the fees.  I feel that if you put the price you need to get (without getting greedy) and include your fees, then stick to that price and don't negotiate down.  If the person buying doesn't want to pay that price, then don't sell to them!!!   The only thing that asking the buyer to pay your fees does is to just allow you to show a lower price so more people will get interested.   
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100