Author Topic: I need wood  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
I need wood
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »
 :o

I need a good source of firewood that's not too overpriced. I check craigslist and prices are all over the board. I need good seasoned and split hardwood. If you have a source please advise. I've been sampling face cords (3) from different venders but I'm not totally blown away. 1 was too wet. 2 was too largely cut. 3 had big ass bug holes all over. I dealt with the thick cut stuff ( I own an ax) but for the price $120 per face, I figure I can do better. Anyway, I'm in Penn Hills, so, delivery is a factor.
Thanks
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

SunnyDaze

Re: I need wood
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
If you have a chain saw and a truck, my parents have a fair amount that could use some disposing of.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
I'm in Penn Hills and just had my sugar maple trimmed.   There is about a half cord cut to length and stacked in front of my house.   I was going to list it on freecycle but if you got it that would save me running an ad and would give me the opportunity to meet a fellow Vintage Hi-Fier.   PM me your phone number if you want it.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »
pm sent
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »
Have you checked the free stuff section of CL?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
Yeah, it usually needs cut, and I don't own a chainsaw. I don't mind paying for it, but I expect it to be good stuff when I do.