Author Topic: Empire 698 Turntable  (Read 2962 times)

Offline RandyD

• FNG !!!
Empire 698 Turntable
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
My neighbor has a 70's vintage Empire 698 turntable he would like to get rid of.Does anybody have or has had one? I am trying to find the value and how desirable it is. It has two headshells one with the original Empire 2000 E/111 cartridge and the other with a AT 155A cartridge,they would need a new stylus. It appears to be in good shape. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline BrianT

• F'n Brit Asshole!!!
Re: Empire 698 Turntable
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 06:40:55 AM »

Randy.

An Empire 698 turntable in very good shape (arm not pitted & cover OK) with good cartridge is worth
around $400.00 in like new condition, cartridge perfect around $500.00

If you could post some pictures, we would have a better idea of the condition, as the unit needs a new cartridge
I think you would be looking in the $200.00 range if all else is OK.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2SI integrated amp
Takatsuki 300B tubes
2 x Carver 275 Mono Block
Audience Front Row Bi wire Speaker Cables
Audience Front Row USB Cable
Audience Front Row RCA Cables
VPI Classic TurnTable (blk)
c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Auralic G2 server
B&W 803D3 (black)

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »
This things are worth what you are willing to pay for them IMO.  I bought Rev's TT with the Rabco arm because it looks cool to me and is entertaining to use every once in a while. It is not my main TT but I use it at least once a week. This one looks great too - if in good condition it would be a great vintage TT for your collection. Pepe.

Offline RandyD

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the input. if I can make a deal with this guy I will bring it home. I am looking for a good high end table to replace my Pioneer Pl-610. I am finding a few that interest me but are out of the country and I can't get an answer on import duty fees. The search goes on.....