Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Stereo Repair Shops / Techs Of The Burgh

<< < (3/3)

thuffman03:

--- Quote from: wkhanna on April 25, 2011, 09:21:22 PM ---Between Tom & Anders, I won't trust my, or any of my friends equipment with anybody else.
--- End quote ---

From what I have been seeing and hearing on what is being repaired out of VHF, I would say the same thing.  Great resource for vintage equipment!

vintedge:
 I took my son's Luxman R-1120 receiver to the stereo shop with one channel not working. I marked the screws with line up dots before hand. I got it back a week later they charged me to say that they couldn't fix and that it was "not worth fixing". The dots were still perfectly aligned. I had it repaired somewhere on liberty ave- can't remember exactly but its kick ass to this day.

Tom and Anders did a great repair on a tough problem with distortion in my Carver 490T -it plays and sounds excellent now! Don at Phil's was very good with all my Dynaco stuff - diagnosing problems and fixing them for a reasonable cost on the spot. Those were Dynaco St-70s, ST-35s and PAS 3s.
I would say, "Take It To TOM's Shop!" (TITTS)  now that he has Anders. They are great trouble shooters.
That's my 2 dollars worth (used to be 2 cents before the TARPS and QE2)
Ed

Anders:
Thanks guys.
Audio has been my thing since I was a teenager.
It will always be my thing and so will antique radios and tvs.

Anders

SunnyDaze:
The only problem with taking things to Tom and Anders is the fact that you end up spending most of the day at the shop!  ;D ;D

I appreciate the tidbits that I've picked up off of Tom and Anders while hanging around the shop when these guys are in repair mode.

Plink:
I have had some good experience with repair/restoration around here.

Don at Phil's fixed a custom built amp that had a noisy channel without a schematic on hand.  I always enjoy my visits and chatting with Don.  Don is a great guy. 

Ryan Inman with Hot Glass Audio did superb restorations on a Scott LK-48 and a Scott LK-150 (the one that got away...sigh).  Last time I talked to him he seemed burnt out and disinterested in doing any work.  i don't know where or how he learned so much about Scott equipment.  He knows Scotts really well.

Very pleased to hear there is another option (Vintage Hifi) in the Burgh and all the good words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version