Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Stereo Repair Shops / Techs Of The Burgh

<< < (2/3) > >>

e_just:
 The one thing that I did not like about Atlas was that they had a policy that stated that if you don't pick up your repair item within 30 days that they keep it. What bothers me about this is the fact that they never called me to say that my repair was complete. This made me feel that they might have been trying to pull a fast one.

I have static on the right channel of my 9100 and will be looking into getting it repaired after the new year. It sounds like Phil's may be the place to go.

Slim-Shaddy:
I dealt with phil on my sansui au710 and it took him a month and a half to barely get my amp functional and cost me $175(bad cap). I've had my NAD t763 at progressive for 7+ months and just recently has he singled out the issue. Progressive is the only authorized nad guy in town and I plan to go to him again. The issue with my receiver is a tough one and he (slowly) got it figured out.

BB3:
I know the Stereo Shop in Greensburg has a man on site that does repairs.

www.thestereoshopinc.com

The Stereo Shop Inc.
201 East Pittsburgh Street
Greensburg,PA. 15601
724-834-2074

Bunni:
Hey I know this thread is old, but I have info to add.

I know that Vintage Hifi now has an extremely experienced tech on hand now!  I am biased of course, but there are not many around with the years of experience and skill Anders has, and still fewer with the same passion for audio.  You won't find better anywhere.

From our experience, there seem to be people out there in business, making a decent living off the backs of their talent.  They don't appreciate audio, their customers or the skill of their techs.  They appreciate the dollar, and all else be damned (literally).  This is often why (at least one) of the aforementioned repair businesses quality of work is very inconsistent, or nonexistent.

wkhanna:
Anders had much to do with putting my C-19 in the realm of 'best I ever heard'.
I feel he is in a place where his talent and passion will be greatly appreciated.
Between Tom & Anders, I won't trust my, or any of my friends equipment with anybody else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version