Author Topic: Fairfax Speakers FOR SALE  (Read 7272 times)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Fairfax Speakers FOR SALE
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
Selling newly refurbished Fairfax FSS speakers.  These are quite rare and I had to do a good amount of legwork to make sure everything was correct.  They are approximately 2' x 2' x 15" @ 65lbs each.  Very impressive looking speakers and they sound quite good.  The low end to me is killer.  Nice low bass but still very precise and punchy.  The mids are warm and the philips tweeters sound very good.  They project extremely well.  Each speaker contains two 10" woofers, a 5" mid and a 4.5" tweeter.  The are more efficient then I expected.  I do not have exact specs as these are impossible to find online.  You see the smaller two way bookshelf speakers online (I think there are two pairs on epay right now), but you don't find this model or the larger wall of sounds.

This pair came with replacement fisher tweeters.  The originals came with CTS's.  Early models had CTS and later models had Philips tweeters.  I purchased a set of both as well as a set of the new modernized CTS's.  The philips by far sounded the best.  I added plastic inserts because philips are slightly smaller.  All four sets of tweeters will be included.

The crossovers were recapped using Solen capacitors and each driver was checked and tested to make sure it had the proper ohm rating.  The surrounds on the woofers are cloth and are in perfect condition.  The surrounds on the mids are rubber and are in perfect condition as well.  The grills were re-clothed and the cabinets were oiled and some fill work was done.  There are still some scratches and watermarks (see pictures) that I did not address.

Feel free to come over and give them a listen.  Several forum members have heard them firsthand and I think will agree they sound very good.  Forum price is $200.  That's pretty much what I have in them.  I'm not looking to make a profit, just re-coop my costs and find them a good home.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:08:32 PM by Reverend »

Offline Reverend

Re: Fairfax Speakers FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
$150.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
1 fitty????? SHIT!!!!!  :D
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Reverend

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 06:57:59 PM »
These are taking up space in the garage.  $100 and they're yours.

Offline Reverend

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »
Forgot these were still in my garage.  $75

Offline hewlew1

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
I may be interested Rev. Can you tell me were they played on toms Carverfest amp? If so how did they sound?

Offline Reverend

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »
Do you mean the black 20watter?  Yes, I have one of those too.  I could hook it up for you to listen to.

Offline hewlew1

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 07:31:19 PM »
Yes the 20 watt amp. If you have one hook them up and give me your honest assessment of the speaks. As you know I live a few hours away so I will trust your judgement. I could pay you for them now and when I decide to make a trip to toms I could let you know and pick them up then. If that is ok with you.

Offline Reverend

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
I'll shoot you a PM.

Offline Reverend

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »
Still have these sitting in the garage.  I  broke them out the other day and they sound great.  $75.

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:55:26 PM »
Rev-is that a stereo pair in one cabinet?  Or, are the pics of two units (that look like two in one cabinet)?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Reverend

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 09:17:18 AM »
There are two/pair of cabinets/speakers.  They are built for driver isolation and are designed with two chambers per speaker.