Author Topic: New addition to my bedroom system  (Read 3430 times)

Offline icravcarver

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
New addition to my bedroom system
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
Well I just did a stupid thing!  My brother in law inherited a pair of Klipsch Heresy II speakers from a buddy of his that passed away.  Not being an audio guy he decided he wanted me to sell them for him.  Being short on cash this sumer since my wife doesn't work through summer (school system), I agreed that I would list them on cl and get him a good buck out of them.  Well , he brought them over the other day for me to take pictures and get them listed.  I ended up hooking them up to my HR-772 in the bedroom, and what a mistake that was.  After about listening to  them for about 1/2 hr, I called him and told him that I already found a buyer for them, ME!! 

So now I have a near mint pair of vintage Heresy II's in my bedroom.  These may move down stairs temporarily to try out on my main system to put them through their paces!

These are oak veneer, not birch, at least I believe since they match my oak tv stand as if they were made together!  There  is one small chip on an upper rear corner but other than that, these are as close to mint as you can get.  I will try to post pics later, my dogs are begging me to feed them.  (Oh, by the way, these have the factory risers on the bottoms also).
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: New addition to my bedroom system
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »
Great score!!!! Post the pics!!!  ;)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »
What you did wasn't stupid...it was smart.  I was real happy with my hifi until I got involved with listening to my son's (bearjew) hifi consisting of mostly Carver modded stuff from Vintage Hifi.  Now I have a Carver preamp, Carver tuner, Phase Linear 400 and McIntosh speakers.  WOW.  Luckily my wife decided she wanted music in the bedroom (no sick comments please, I didn't say miracles) so my Sony receiver, CD changer and Infinity Micro SL speaker system is still getting daily use.  I'm broke, but I love my music.
Now when it comes to doing stupid things I'm a pro!

Offline Reverend

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »
Congrats!  Yes, pics. 

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »
If having more than one system in more than one room is stupid, there should be a picture of me under stupid in the dictionary.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »
I love Klipsches.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 02:45:48 AM »
Wanna trade for a minty set of Polk RTi 150's? :)

Awesome score!

Offline icravcarver

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »
No trades!  I was being sarcastic about being stupid.  I was exposed to Klipsch Heresey's in my youth.  My older brother had a friend back in high school about 30 years plus ago that had a pair in his bedroom, and he let me audition them a couple of times.

I may actually move the entire bedroom setup down to the basement gameroom, of sorts, so i can go down there at night and turn it up wheneveryone else is sleeping so as to not disturb anyone.  It is too small a room for my main system, but this would fit the bill nicely down there.
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »
Then you will need another system for the bedroom :)
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline icravcarver

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »
We bought a a 2000's era TEAC receiver and a pair of Optimus speakers at some garage sales this summer.  $20 for the reciever and $15 for the speakers.  These should do for the bedroom, since I only sleep and shower there.  I can find more reasons to be in the basement game room - if you get my drift.  My wife isn't fussy about the overall sound, as long as she can play it loud enough for her liking - which she was able to do this summer when sunning herself outside.  I had the TEAC system out on our 3 season porch and with the windows open, it was plenty loud for her.  I however want better and louder!

Here are some pics.  I tried to take a pic of the chip in the corner, but I couldn't get it to come out too well.  The flash from the camera kept giving feedback to the camera and if I did it without the flash, it was too dark.  Will try again when I move them.

Here are the pics.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
Beautiful.

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 06:28:47 PM »
Very nice.  I'll bet it opens up and sounds better in the bigger space.

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
Very nice, I really like heresey's on risers
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline icravcarver

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
Yeah, they do look purty!   However, our king size bed does hide them slightly and muffles their sound since they are on the ground.  By putting the other garage sale system in the bedroom will allow me to put the speakers on stands and get them off the ground.  I just have to motivate myself and get the setup downstairs.  My dilemma now is I have an oak stand, that matches the TV stand that is in the pictures, and it would match the Klipsch speakers perfectly.  However, it has room for 5 or more shelves, which I technically could use for my main system.  However, it wouldn't match my Polk SDA 1C's, which are black.  I know - problems, problems!!!   Hmm....   I could move the Polk's downstairs to the game room and keep the Klipsch's on my main system????  :laugh:  (Not gonna happen!!)