Author Topic: Sony MD player MZ-SI  (Read 1251 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Sony MD player MZ-SI
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
I'm starting to get rid of a few things I have laying around that I have no use for, Please DON"T ask what else I have, as I don't know yet either!   8)

This is a link to a unit on ebay, NOT the one I have...  Just for your eyes only!   ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MZ-S1-Digital-Media-Player-/201035402835?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item2ecea4ce53

I'm trying to get $5-10 for it...  Or a few dead cats, but only if they were audiofelinephiles... 

It comes with one Memorex MD 80 minidisc, a connecting USB cable, and carrying handle/strap.

It works too!

thanks for looking,
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Sony MD player MZ-SI
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:56 AM »
I would have taken that if the Captain hadn't just given me one.   I'll look forward to seeing what is next of the block.

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Sony MD player MZ-SI
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 09:38:27 AM »
FYI,  the output on these includes optical,  using a micro digital plug (like we use on the macbooks) on the headphone out if I recall.  You can connect it to a DAC or a home theater receiver and the sound is not to shabby (at anything above 128 kbps  ::)  and using MP3 or wma - it is a rare DAC that can interpret ATRAC [probably a Sony DAC]).   I remember trying that a couple of times.