Author Topic: For Sale Bob Carver Baby Black Beauties VTA 20's Serial numbers 001 and 002  (Read 1717 times)

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
As you can see I am going through a little re-org in my systems. I have decided to offer this nice pair of Bob Carver Baby Black Beauty's EL 84 tune amps. I'd like to sell them as a pair. I am asking $3,000 for the pair. I have all the original packing materials.

SN 001 was driving a pair of Khorns and sounds wonderful on those speakers. Since I am selling the Khorns, I won't need this amp. Unfortunately the transformer covers faded a little. I didn't realize the sun was fading them until it was too late. You can buy replacement covers from Bob though.

SN 002 was driving my A4's and also performed flawlessly. I decided to move a 300b tune amp over to this system.

Here a rare chance to buy the earliest serial numbers available for these amps.

I will note these were made by Bob's company before they were sold to Emotive, so these are the Bob Carver production versions.

The serials

It's kind of hard to see the fading here, I'll try to get a better pic up

If you look at the top of the transformer covers you can see where the sun faded the tops of them

Nice chance to own a piece of history and a reasonable price

Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline ESM

• Double Secret Probation!
Wow, nice. someone will truly appreciate these incredible amps.

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran