Author Topic: Cleaning Vintage Gear  (Read 6611 times)

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
Cleaning Vintage Gear
« on: January 08, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »
Thought I would share my favorite cleaning trick, MICROFIBER CLOTHS.  These things will clean your gear if you dampen them with water w/o harsh detergents!  I use them on every thing from electronics to speaker cabinets to my screen on my TV.  After wiping down the component, I usually dry with another one (especially wood veneers or displays).

Anyone else have any tricks they care to post? 
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

BB3

Re: Cleaning Vintage Gear
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »
You are right about the MicroFiber Towels. An absolute must in my books.

For dusting I like to use those compressed air cans, especially for tight places and then I combine the MicroFiber Towels with a product called "Invisable Glass "from the Stoner Company. It is another must have product that no one here should be without.

The "Invisable Glass" can be found just about anywhere, especially auto parts stores though, is extremely safe and gentle and will not remove any labeling on components.

I recommend that you purchase the "Invisable Glass" in the Aerosol Can, because it allows pinpoint accuracy of the product when its being applied.

It's really a beautiful product Guy's, so pick yourselves up a can or two, I know that you will be glad that you did.

-----BILL(BB3)

Offline paden501

• Audio Geek!
  • Nobody Home
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:39:17 PM »
They work nice for cleaning cars too!  8)

I won't touch my car with anything else... regular towels pick up a lot of grit and smear it into the paint.   :o
~Matt
--- My System ---
Front L/R: Polk Audio SDA-1C w/ Modified xovers
Amp: Carver TFM-24
CD: Jolida JD100a
HTR/Pre: B&K Reference 20
Turntable:Pioneer PL-516 W/ Shure M97xe
Surrounds -Polk Audio Monitor 4As

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Bill.

I will look for it when I get dug out!
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

BB3

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 04:33:26 PM »
You're Welcome Dale And I Hear You Loud And Clear..... This Weather Frickin' Sucks. I Can't Stand It.

To Add More Insult To Injury, Tonight There Is More Chance Of Snow Along With Super Cold Temps And If It Couldn't Get Worse......HIGH FRICKIN' WINDS. >:( >:( >:(JUST FRICKIN' GREAT !---BILL

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »
Bill,

Easy man!  Don't go postal please.  As George once said "All Things Must Pass".

But The Weather does really suck!!!
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

BB3

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »
Bill,

Easy man!  Don't go postal please.  As George once said "All Things Must Pass".

But The Weather does really suck!!!

Thanks Dale. You Be Careful If You Decide To Venture Out There Now, You Hear ? ;)---BILL

Not To Sound Like A Parent But,That Also Goes For The Rest Of You As Well. The Last Thing That I Want To Hear About Is That Something Bad Happended To One Of My Fellow Forum Members.

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »
Bill,

I have been out of cigarettes all day, and have not ventured out.  Nothing short of my house burning down will get me out (and I would probably wait till the fire was upon me to get as much heat as possible before leaving).

Dale

-Still Smoking!-

BB3

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 10:18:57 AM »
Bill,

I have been out of cigarettes all day, and have not ventured out.  Nothing short of my house burning down will get me out (and I would probably wait till the fire was upon me to get as much heat as possible before leaving).

Well Dale.....You are obviously a strong willed and disciplined man. I however would go crazy. I just enjoy cigarettes way too much. ??? :-[ I would have had to venture out by now.

Take Care Dale.------BILL

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »
Picked up a pack today!  My nerves have settled down now that I have had my nicotine fix!
Dale

-Still Smoking!-