Author Topic: Wall of Sound coming down  (Read 2697 times)

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
Wall of Sound coming down
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »

I have decided to remodel the listening room and will be removing wall shelves loaded with CDRs of primarily live concerts for the 60s thru the 90s.   I traded for 75% of this stuff back before music downloading took over the world.  Tons of 'crispy' soundboards, as we used to say.    I do not have a list of all the artists but there is tons of Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan and other related hippie/psychedelic type style.  These are all in single, double or quad jewel cases and most have nice color artwork as well as set lists.    I am going to throw these up on Craigslist for $25 per hundred discs but if anyone here is interested, send me a PM we can work out something at a reduced forum price. 

Note:  If anyone has an objection about selling live music, PM me and I will delete this.  Thanks.
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Wall of Sound coming down
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
$25 per hundred is roughly the cost of blanks, so I don't look at it as selling live music so much as giving it away like B&P (for whatever my opinion is worth).

There are guys on eBay who get $25 per show.   That is selling live music.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
BTW, any good "It's a Beautiful Day" shows?

This is the only one I have...

IT´S A BEAUTIFUL DAY
San Francisco, Fillmore West
August 1, 1970

I'm a fan.

As a matter of fact, I'm usually more interested in the obscure stuff.   Dylan and Dead have been done to death.

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »

I have decided to remodel the listening room and will be removing wall shelves loaded with CDRs of primarily live concerts for the 60s thru the 90s.   I traded for 75% of this stuff back before music downloading took over the world.  Tons of 'crispy' soundboards, as we used to say.    I do not have a list of all the artists but there is tons of Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan and other related hippie/psychedelic type style.  These are all in single, double or quad jewel cases and most have nice color artwork as well as set lists.    I am going to throw these up on Craigslist for $25 per hundred discs but if anyone here is interested, send me a PM we can work out something at a reduced forum price. 

Note:  If anyone has an objection about selling live music, PM me and I will delete this.  Thanks.

@emperor,

Knowing that a lot of the the GD came from TD's collection I would like to take you up on this offer however I'm assuming I have a lot of the same stuff too so I would want to cherry pick. Let me know if this works for you.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:55 AM »
BTW, any good "It's a Beautiful Day" shows?

This is the only one I have...

IT´S A BEAUTIFUL DAY
San Francisco, Fillmore West
August 1, 1970

I'm a fan.

As a matter of fact, I'm usually more interested in the obscure stuff.   Dylan and Dead have been done to death.

No its a beautiful Day shows

I will be in touch
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »

I am reviving this thread from a couple years ago.  As often happens, I did not follow up with this because of time constraints and other issues and, as a result,  my buddy's boxes of hundreds of CDRs of live music are still here.  However, now I have been retired for a few months,  I have been  going through these boxes of CDRs.   Lots of great stuff but I have way too much to keep of my own stuff so making another attempt at selling these for twenty five cents a disc.  As STal mentioned way back when, its basically the price of blanks.  The only caveat is that I am selling 50 discs at a pop.  I would hope to sell in larger lots (100 CDRs or more) but that seems a little over the top. 

Like I mentioned in my original posting, most of it is Bob Dylan live, which is mostly audience tapes, and the Grateful Dead, which are mostly HQ soundboards.    My buddy was a manic trader in the early 2000s and was deep in with Dylan traders who taped every show, so lots of stuff from the Never-ending Tour and probably the best quality available.  There are a few other bands (Neil Young/Springsteen/Pink Floyd)

Since I am retired, you are welcome to stop by and go through these boxes anytime.   

Thanks
Mike
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline RuralTom

• Audio Geek!
  • Receiving Aural Pleasure....
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »
In what part of the greater 'Burgh area are you?
preamp: BAT VK-5
amp: Altec 944sa
DAC:  Bel Canto 2.5
CDP: Pioneer Elite DV-47a
Intel NUC server / iFi micro iUSB3.0 / Roon
Spendor FL9