Author Topic: Tom, Mike, Anyone, HELP! I need a vintage tweeter.  (Read 2981 times)

SunnyDaze

Tom, Mike, Anyone, HELP! I need a vintage tweeter.
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
I picked up a set of RS Nova 8's for my dad. I planned on giving them to him for Christmas. He bought a set when he came home from Vietnam in '73, but he sold them in the 80's and always regretted it.

The problem - I have a blown tweeter in one of them. The part number is 91011. Do you guys have any leads other than eBay?

PS - My dad still has the ORIGINAL reciept from '73. They have a lifetime warranty. I'm thinking about having my mom call RS with the reciept and warranty paperwork from his first set (the serial numbers are not on the invoice) and ask them if they can provide one, or whatever.

bmwr75

Re: Tom, Mike, Anyone, HELP! I need a vintage tweeter.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:36:40 PM »
Have you checked eBay?

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »
I have.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:33:37 PM »
Call the Shack! They may have a replacement part they can order. Or if not, can give you the specs to match up.
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

SunnyDaze

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »
Yeah. I'll give RS a call in the morning.

Maybe they'll even warranty the suckers, since I have an original receipt and warranty paperwork. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
I do not have any here.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »
Good luck with the speakers. Hopefully rs will give you the new tweeters but I will keep looking for you just in case.
Little Mikey
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
Do you have a pic?  I have a couple pair of old rat shack speakers somewhere around here.

Offline typethisin

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Rock n' Roll ....and Bacon forever!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
i found some info on a pair of em. the craigslist add has expired but here is the as info: Vintage Realistic Nova 8 S for $65  Posted 1 month, 1 week ago around Philadelphia, PA on craigslist   HIGHLY REGARDED WITH CULT FOLLOWING. WILL ACTUALLY GO AS LOW AS 20HZ. GREAT CABS ALL THE BASS YOU NEED AND NICE MIDS AND HIGHS. GREAT SHAPE. GREAT PRICE. CALL OR TEXT FRANK AT 610-812-8477 HERES A LINK http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-7677.html

hope this helps. oh and the page address cached from google i found them on : http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2WxWGCaX8xgJ:tampa.iclassifieds.com/forsale/electronics/600199246/vintage-realistic-nova-8-s.html+realistic+nova+8's+speakers+for+sale&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&ie=UTF-8&client=ms-rim
-john- "I'm gonna rock out with my Bacon out!"

SunnyDaze

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 06:34:58 PM »
Actually, that picture is of Nova 7's.

Thanks for the search though. I really appreciate it. I spent $30 on the current set. If I'm going to spend $65 on another set for one tweeter, I might as well just replace the OE tweeters with a comparable Dayton model.

I found a guy on eBay who has several speaker parts. I'll have to check him out.