Audio Discussion > CARVER

Sunfire True MKII need help

<< < (2/4) > >>

OCCD:

--- Quote from: OldiesButGoodies on June 04, 2014, 04:47:01 PM ---After listening to the video I am with Adam that the spider may have come loose.  Below is a picture I took of my Sunfire driver some time back:

The red material is the spider.  If that has come loose,  it can be a tough fix for a DIY.  I imagine someone like Tom Zurcher could fix it properly. I do not see it as simple as replacing the surround on an old speaker.  This spider was designed to handle way more force than the typical woofer spider (long excursion in a sealed cabinet) - the glue must be applied just right to do the job.  If you confirm it is not as simple as a cable touching the cone or similar, I would gently communicate to the seller that driver was damaged during shipping and you would like to return it (unless you and the seller are ok with ordering a new driver from PartsExpress - I think they still have them).

Tom: Can you fix a driver with a loose motor spider like this?

--- End quote ---

I have a few extra drivers littering the shop if it is toast.  But yes, I can fix the spider if it separated.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Much Afraid, where are you geographically?

MacGeek:
Might it be something as simple as a loose mounting screw?  Any way to freq sweep them?

AdamG:
I believe that is the HiVi SP10 driver, in which case Parts Express is now sold out of them, and it is listed as No Longer Available. It may be available from other retailers though. http://www.parts-express.com/hivi-sp10-10-subwoofer--297-460

OCCD:
There is one other possibility. Check the foam edge, right off the roll, on the inner edge where it is attached to the cone. I have seen these crack in the past. This will make noise also.

I have drivers, and they are much less than the PE replacements. >:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version