Audio Discussion > General Discussion

$100 RCM

<< < (9/9)

Jim Pittsburgh:
great minds.... gave version 1 to Bearjew and version III (which I had to pay $60 for) to Ryan....  since I now have the VPI 16.5

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Do you find the VPI to be any more effective or just simpler?

Jim Pittsburgh:
To me, the VPI is better, quicker and simpler to use....   the wand on both SCs pulled too far away from its slot...and drys the fluids before they can be vacuumed IMHO. But it's still much, much better than the Spin Clean.  The VPI only pulls directly below the vacuum slot, not more than a mm or two to the sides....   Also, I can clean 2 -3  albums on the VPI in the time it took me to do one on the SC.   I've recleaned albums from my Spin Clean days on the SC and they improved a lot. Now, I've recleaned albums on the VPI that had been cleaned on the SC and they are definitely quieter. Also, there is soooooo much less clean up and noise with the VPI. It's no longer a major production and I don't have to wait to do batch cleaning....No big deal now to do a couple of albums ... JMHO   Loved the SQ, thanks for turning me onto it.... but getting the new model of the VPI 16.5 used for $350.... it was a no brainer.

EmperorNorton:
Jim,

Did you find the VPI locally or on Ebay?   

thx
mike

Jim Pittsburgh:
pure luck, found it on CL here in the Pittsburgh area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version