General Banter > Welcome Wagon

New member in Pittsburgh

<< < (2/4) > >>

schwarcw:
Welcome to the Forum!

Your story is told over and over again here and there.  A place that was actually in Wilmerding, PA that moved to North Carolina I believe use to do repairs on Linn tables.  They also did all the upgrades.  Their website is: http://www.britaudio.com/home.html

Send them an email and inquire about a repair and maybe an upgrade.  Good luck!

Kingman:
Welcome! Glad to hear your audio “flame” has been revived.

rowedscholar:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm mostly an operaholic, but also love classical music in general. I sang in a lot of choirs through my life and listen to a lot of the choral as well as the symphonic repertoire. I also love the interpreters of the great american songbook from Sinatra to Buble. As far as the LP-12 goes, right now it doesn't even turn or. The light on the on button doesn't come on when plugged in and the motor doesn't drive the wheel. I wish I were confident with my own tinkering, but haven't ever gotten that deep into the audiophile obsession--which is partly why I'm here: to learn from guys who know a lot more and get more confident so I can venture in and open up one of these classic beauties and see what's inside.

rowedscholar:

--- Quote from: schwarcw on October 22, 2017, 10:31:32 PM ---Welcome to the Forum!

Your story is told over and over again here and there.  A place that was actually in Wilmerding, PA that moved to North Carolina I believe use to do repairs on Linn tables.  They also did all the upgrades.  Their website is: http://www.britaudio.com/home.html

Send them an email and inquire about a repair and maybe an upgrade.  Good luck!

--- End quote ---

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: rowedscholar on October 23, 2017, 09:52:46 PM ---Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm mostly an operaholic, but also love classical music in general.

--- End quote ---

About time we had an opera lover here.   A hundred years ago I was an opera major at Boston Conservatory.   A high lyric tenor who in my 20s had a money C and most days could go full voice to D or Eb with no issue.   Pavarotti was my hero and I definitely spent most of my time in the Italian Bel Canto repertoire.   These days I sing in church and am only money up at an A (father time catches up to everyone but Nicolai Gedda).   Some days I still have a C, but it's not reliable.   I'm not nearly as well versed in non-vocal classical music, but in my defense I've also spent much of my life playing bass and singing high harmonies in bar bands, so I have a lot of the rock/blues/country stuff down too.   Do you still sing in chorales?   Where?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version