Buy Sell Trade Audio Equipment > Looking for something special?

Bang & olufsen turntable

<< < (4/4)

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: MacGeek on December 31, 2021, 09:04:44 AM ---Brian and Mark-I did not expect there to be this kind of response to B & O gear.  I don't know if you are fans, or just found your 'tables along the way while looking for other things, but appreciate your help.

Brian,  The B & O 6002 has what is sometimes called magnetic drive and a very different technology than the 4002 uses.  The TX motor will, unfortunately, not fit in the 4002.  Regardless, I might be interested in the 6002.  Does it work?

Mark,  I appreciate your offer and while the motor will not work in my 4002, I might take you up on your offer to poke around in the 5500.  Do either of yours work?

--- End quote ---

Honestly, they were given to me by Carl and are basically over my head.   If you want to take both maybe you can make one good unit between them.   I wouldn't need anything now, but you could give me future considerations depending on how it works out.

MacGeek:
Thanks, guys.  Mark-PM sent.  Brian-I look forward to hearing form you.

BrianT:

--- Quote from: MacGeek on January 02, 2022, 09:51:12 AM ---Thanks, guys.  Mark-PM sent.  Brian-I look forward to hearing form you.

--- End quote ---

Greg

I looked at the one I have in the office, its an 8002.
Are you sure none of the arm motors will not work in your 4000

Brian

MacGeek:
Thanks for getting back to me   What I need is the platter motor, form a table type 551x or 550x, not the servo motor that controls the arm.

The 8002 is a great table, but does not use a platter motor, rather employing what, in the day, was called magnetic drive.

https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=307

Regardless, I might be interested in the 8002, if you want to part with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version