Author Topic: need help with projection screen tv  (Read 4664 times)

Offline typethisin

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Rock n' Roll ....and Bacon forever!!!!
need help with projection screen tv
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
i got a 60" prjection screen tv from my dad and i guess when it was moved that the projection guns inside are now a little off. i have been trying for over a year now and cant get the picture fully aligned. it has a good picture and is the main part of my home theater but it needs fixed. any help would be appriciated. please let me know.
-john- "I'm gonna rock out with my Bacon out!"

bmwr75

Re: need help with projection screen tv
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »
Are you using the remote control to align the red and blue guns to a grid?  The green gun is usually not adjustable.....at least on the Mitsubishi rear projectors I used to own.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »
I have a tad of experience with this with Mitsubishi rear projection piece.  What brand/model is it?  I assume you tried the standard convergence screen in the setup and it was not enough?  Are you up to messing with the service menu?

Offline typethisin

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Rock n' Roll ....and Bacon forever!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
Its a zenith 52" rear projection. I am using the service knobs on the board that flips out from the bottom center of the tv behind the speake baffels. It has a set of gree, red, and blue knobs for each color but I cannot get it right. Been doing it for a year now. I am ready to chuck it. Anyone want it? Sell for 50 bucks. Pick up only. Pm me if u want it. Works but needs convergence done.
-john- "I'm gonna rock out with my Bacon out!"