Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Stereo Repair Shops / Techs Of The Burgh

(1/3) > >>

e_just:
 I thought it might be helpful to start a thread of all the stereo repair shops and Techs in the burgh. It might also be helpful if we can list any feedback or personal experience with specific techs or shops.
 The only shop I have any experience with is Atlas Electronics on Liberty Ave. in Bloomfield. I had a Pioneer SA-9100 that powered up in protect mode and they were able to get it up and running. Cant say it was cheap, but I didn't expect it to be. I now have another problem with my 9100 and am considering taking it back to them.

Eric

Kingman:
Why not try OCCD???? He may be able to help.  :o

bmwr75:
I too have a 9100 that had to make two trips to Atlas Audio Repair.  Honestly I didn't use it much after the first repair.  Both times it had loud static in the tone controls for one channel only.  You could bypass the tone controls and the noise went away.  I've had Atlas repair a bunch of stuff and it usually is not inexpensive (though, maybe it is not supposed to be).

I've heard Donny at Phil's TV Service in Pittsburgh is good.

I would not use The Stereo Shop in Greensburg again.  Last time I carried something to them, they didn't really even have a technician qualified to fix anything electronic (or at least that was my conclusion afterwards).

Asked OCCD about repair work recently, he was covered up with repairing his own stuff.

OCCD:
I will be looking to get a part time service tech in here next year to expand the shop.  I am up to my ears in busy lately, and can't even work on my own stuff.  Donny ( Phil's TV) does a fantastic job on tube gear , old big boy receivers and solid state amps.

Phil's TV
110 Sheridan Avenue
Bellevue, PA 15202-3620
(412) 761-7004

Falcon:

--- Quote from: OCCD on December 20, 2009, 03:31:43 PM ---I will be looking to get a part time service tech in here next year to expand the shop.  I am up to my ears in busy lately, and can't even work on my own stuff.  Donny ( Phil's TV) does a fantastic job on tube gear , old big boy receivers and solid state amps.

Phil's TV
110 Sheridan Avenue
Bellevue, PA 15202-3620
(412) 761-7004

--- End quote ---

I hear good things about this Phil's. But, I have no personal dealings with them.
I do not have good experience with Atlas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version